Welcome to Bike Month York Region! Our nine municipalities offer amazing trails, lanes, and parks for you to enjoy, so get ready to explore this June!
Bike Month kicks-off on June 1st to June 30th, York Region and Smart Commute invite you to a celebration of cycling by participating in events and virtually! You’re encouraged to commute by bike or cycling for recreation as a fun, healthy and efficient activity!
Join in cycling fun by taking up the Bike Month contests in June! Simply participate by cycling and log your trips on the Smart Commute app during the month of June. Visit York.ca/SmartCommute for more details!
Bike Day in Newmarket!
Join Smart Commute Central York’s Bike Day on June 1st and help to kick-start Bike Month!
- Fuel up with free coffee & breakfast!
- Fill out a ballot for a chance to WIN!
- Check out exhibits from local businesses, and more!
Date and Time: Thursday, June 1, 2023 - 7:30 to 9:00 AM (rain or shine)
Address: Newmarket Riverwalk Commons, 200 Doug Duncan Drive, Newmarket, ON
Questions? [email protected]
Bike Month Lunch and Learns
Safe Cycling 101 Workshop - Thursday, June 8th from 12pm-1pm
Learn everything you need to know about cycling with confidence! Topics include: equipment and bike fit, safe riding techniques, rules and responsibilities, interactions with others, choosing your route and more. Register here.
Basic Bike Maintenance – Thursday, June 15th from 12pm-1pm
Let us show you the basics of how to maintain your bike. Topics include: safety checks, assessing air pressure and flat tires, tightening your brakes, lubing your chain, and ensuring your bike is the right fit! Register here.
Smart Commute Bike Month Contest
- Starting June 1, log all your cycling trips at SmartCommute.ca app (or desktop) for a chance to WIN one of five $100 e-gift cards! Details will be posted on the Smart Commute website.
- Visit BikeMonth.ca to find events and activities in York Region for another chance to WIN!
Bike to School Week
Let’s get rolling! York Region in partnership with the York Region District School Board, York Catholic District School Board and local municipalities invites families, students and schools to participate in Bike to School Week - May 29th to June 2nd. Check out the bike to School Week page on the Bike Month website for more details.
Bike Bingo begins June 1!
If you’re looking for some extra motivation to hop on a bike during Bike Month, we’re offering riders a chance to win prizes as part of this year’s Bike Bingo Contest!
Starting June 1, residents of York Region are invited to participate by downloading a Bingo Card and trying to get five in a row. Send in your card and you'll be entered in a draw to win some exciting prizes!
Here's how to participate:
1. Download the Bike Month Bingo Sheet, linked below 👇
2. Start completing activities — you need to have five in a row to submit a winning card, but try to complete as many as you can! Bike Month is all about rediscovering the joy of riding a bike.
3. Head to the form below to submit your winning card! You can print out your card and fill it out manually, or cross off squares digitally on your computer. Either way, you'll have to upload an image of your card to be entered into a draw for exciting prizes from our sponsors!
- York Region Cycling Maps
- Lake to Lake Cycling Route and Walking Trail
- Cycling Education in York Region