Bike Month is an opportunity for people to try riding a bike for the first time, learn new skills, or simply have fun and connect with new people. It’s taking the time to rekindle the youthful magic of exploring your neighbourhood by bike or share that joy with the next generation of bike riders. Bike Month is a celebration of cycling. Bike Month invites new, learning, and experienced riders to celebrate the joys and possibilities of cycling – from commuting to work or school, to running errands, to minding your health — riding a bike is a healthy, sustainable, and FUN way to get around.
Dust off your saddle, pump up your tires, and roll out as we kick off Bike Month 2023 on Thursday, June 1 with Bike to Work Day Group Commute to Nathan Phillips Square.
Bike Month Events in Toronto
Bike to Work Day Group Commute - Thursday, June 1
Whether you ride every day or you haven’t ridden in years, joining the Bike to Work Day Group Commute to City Hall event is a great way to celebrate the joy of riding a bike. Riding as a group often creates an environment that feels safer, especially for new and learning riders. As the saying goes: “strength in numbers!” Each of the four official group rides will be guided by Cycle Toronto Ride Guides to ensure riders stay on course and arrive safely at Nathan Phillips Square!
Bike Safety Stations
Cycle Toronto will be holding pop-up bike safety stations to provide people with safety checks and minor repairs for those who may not have access to a bike shop but want to get riding. We'll be able to help with things like inflating your tires, lubricating your chain, performing an ABC safety check, and anything else our teams can safely accomplish in a few minutes. These events are being delivered as part of the StreetSmartsTO program with support from the City of Toronto
And many more! Check out our events calendar for a full list.
Bike Bingo begins June 1!
If you’re looking for some extra motivation to hop on a bike during Bike Month, we’re offering riders a chance to win prizes as part of this year’s Bike Bingo Contest!
Starting June 1, Torontonians are invited to participate by downloading a Bingo Card and trying to get five in a row. Send in your card and you'll be entered in a draw to win some exciting prizes!
Here's how to participate:
1. Download the Bike Month Toronto Bingo Sheet, linked below 👇
2. Start completing activities — you need to have five in a row to submit a winning card, but try to complete as many as you can! Bike Month is all about rediscovering the joy of riding a bike.
3. Head to the form below to submit your winning card! You can print out your card and fill it out manually, or cross off squares digitally on your computer. Either way, you'll have to upload an image of your card to be entered into a draw for exciting prizes from our sponsors!
Bike Bingo Links:
- Toronto Cycling Map
- Explore #BikeMonth
- Join or renew your Cycle Toronto membership
- Bike Month events
- How to do an ABC check
- Tips for shopping by bike
- Learn how to check your tire pressure
- Ride a Bike Share
- Cycling infrastructure outside the downtown core