June is Bike Month! Now is a great time to hop on your bike and get to know Mississauga on two wheels.
Outdoor exercise is an important part of maintaining physical and mental health and, at every level of experience, biking is an activity that can be safely enjoyed solo or with your household.
Try these Bike Month activities that are sure to get you pedalling.
Explore a Mississauga trail
Check out some of the Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee’s favourite Mississauga trails.
From shaded wood trails to waterfront views, there’s something for everyone! Use the new Mississauga cycling map to locate these trails and for ideas on where to cycle.
- Etobicoke Creek Trail: Escape the city and surround yourself with nature. Enjoy a short ride to Centennial Park or challenge yourself to bike to Brampton or Caledon.
- Lakefront Promenade Waterfront Trail: Bike along the lakefront and enjoy the breeze!
- Culham Trail: Looking for something with rougher terrain? This trail is perfect for hybrid and mountain bikes.
- Erin Woods Trail: Enjoy the shade and chirping birds on this short 1 km trail through the woods.
- Sugar Maple Woods Trail: Bike this unpaved trail through the woods and check out nearby parks.
The Regional Municipality of Peel is hosting several webinars to help keep you safe on your ride.
For more information on cycling safety, where to ride your bike and cycling events in Mississauga, visit mississaugabikes.ca.