Ride with Toronto Centre Cyclists on the Historic Don Valley trail to Taylor Creek Park & back,
and then to C'est What for stories of Toronto's Bike History.
Toronto Bike History Ride & Talk on Sunday, June 9
Ride: 1 pm at Corktown Common, Mill St and Bayview
Talk: 3 pm at C'est What, 67 Front St East @ Church st.
We will be riding up the Don Valley Trail to Taylor Creek Park and back.
This route was chosen as it was a favourite ride for both Mike Barry and Nora Young.
, Adrian Currie
- Stand-up Comedian & Cycling Advocate
- Asmita Pal - 1 pm Introductory Remarks: Land Acknowledgement & Cyclists' Tributes
- Julia Morgan - Nora Young: Cycling Pioneer at 17 and 70
- Albert Kohl - Bicycle Paths in the days of the Bicycle Craze
- Lorne Shields - Important Historic Cycling Photography
- Joey Schwartz - History of the Randonneurs
- Laura Robinson - Once More with Feeling: A women’s history of cycling
Each presenter, 10 to 20 minutes each, There will be a regular bar and kitchen. There is plenty of bike parking on Front St from Berczy Park to the LCBO. Bring a good lock!